Connecting FeedBear to Slack
FeedBear's Slack integration uses Slack's webhooks functionality to post data about activity in your FeedBear project to any Slack channel.
Setting this up is quite simple.
Review Slack's own documentation for help on setting up a webhook, but here's an abbreviated version.
- Create a new slack app (use this link)
- Enable webhooks - you'll be redirected to the settings page for your new app, there select the Incoming Webhooks feature, and click the Activate Incoming Webhooks toggle to switch it on.
- Click on Add New Webhook to Workspace
- Pick a channel that the app will post to, and then click to Authorize your app.
- You'll be sent back to your app settings
- You should now see a new entry under the Webhook URLs for Your Workspace section, with a Webhook URL looking something like this: https://hooks.slack.com/services/T00000000/B00000000/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Copy the webhook URL
- In FeedBear Project Settings, click on Integrations, then paste the webhook URL under "Slack hook URL"
- Click Save